Module 1 - Getting Started
Born into the Kingdom
Watch the video below, "Brother Francis - Born into the Kingdom".
We have some discussion questions to go along with the video. Depending on your child's attention span, you can break the discussion into two parts, or save it for the end.
After the first half (around the 12:00 minute mark), take a minute to chat together:
What did Brother Francis say the sacrament of Baptism does? (Answer: makes us squeaky clean, washes away our sin, makes us a part of a big family)
How does Jesus make us part of his family? (Answer: he invites us into the family of God & special graces)
Who is in God’s family?
At the end of the video:
When Jesus spoke to His disciples, what did he tell them to do? (Answer: Baptize in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit)
What happened at your Baptism? Parents, what do you remember about the day of your child's Baptism?
Who are your Godparents?
Do you have your Baptism candle?
How can you make your light shine today? Name 3 things.
Brother Francis - Born into the Kingdom
Part 2: My Baptism Day
To finish off Module 1, it's time to grab some glue (or a glue gun) and create special memento to help your child remember the day of their Baptism and also the time they spent with you preparing for First Reconciliation.
You will need:
Liquid glue, or a glue gun
A photo of your child's Baptism (No photos from their baptism? A family photo will work!)
The supply kit you picked up at the church
1. With the materials provided, line your 12 popsicle sticks side by side.
2. With the 6 small popsicle sticks, glue them in place as shown below. Let dry.
3. Decorate the flat side of the picture frame allowing space for your child’s photo from their Baptism.
4. Glue the bamboo clothespin in place on the back as shown below. (This may take a bit of wiggling to find the right spot for it to stand). Let dry.
5. Attach a photo from your child’s Baptism
6. Send us a photo!