The Catholic Women's League
THE CATHOLIC WOMEN’S LEAGUE
OF ST. PAUL THE APOSTLE PARISH
2nd Saturday of the month from January to December 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
(no meetings in July or August)
Mary Campeau Hall, St. Paul the Apostle Parish
1111 Taylor Kidd Blvd, Kingston, ON
WHY JOIN THE LEAGUE?
• A sisterhood of support and understanding
• A way to act on important social justice issues
• An opportunity to serve the community, country and God
• A chance to live your faith with those who share it
Catholic Women’s League Executive Committee
Co-Presidents - Lucienne Coppens and Cindy Mills
Treasurer - Jan Carty
Secretary: Recording/Corresponding - Heather Dillon
Service Chair - Nancy Hayes
Faith Chair - Crystal Polywkan
Social Justice Chair - Cathy Robichaud
Spiritual Advisor - Father John Hibbard
THREE PILLARS OF THE ORGANIZATION
Growing in friendship while strengthening members’ faith can be achieved in several ways.
• Members could join a bible study or small group. Over time, sharing faith journeys can lead to deep and authentic friendships.
• They could volunteer to bring the Eucharist to shut-ins or join a prayer or rosary circle with other members. This sharing may bring them closer to Christ and allow friendships to blossom.
• Members could participate in or help organize the League’s faith
development offerings, such as reflections, discussions on matters of faith, retreats, tributes to Mary, etc
Some of the members’ most gratifying times can be when they volunteer their time and talent in the company of their sisters in Christ.
• Members could join your parish council’s planning committees for
fundraisers such as the annual Christmas Market. They will get to know their sisters in a different way and have some fun in the process!
• Along with other members, they could volunteer for parish ministries together.
Whether it is saving the environment, combatting racism, protecting human life, ensuring safeguards against access to pornography or many other social justice issues, members often feel called to act. And it is easier and more enriching to do so when others accompany them on the journey.
• They could join or organize a gathering to write letters to government on an issue that is particularly important to them.
• Especially for ministries that involve social interaction, this act of service will also foster their own enriched community life.
We humbly pray You,
O God our Father,
to bless The Catholic Women’s League of Canada.
Bless our beloved country,
our homes and families.
Send Your Holy Spirit upon us to give light to our minds and strength to our wills
that we may know and fulfill
Your great law of charity.
Teach us to share with others at home and abroad,
the good things You have given us.
This we ask through our Lord Jesus Christ and the intercession of our patroness, Our Lady of Good Counsel.
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada calls its members to grow in faith, and to witness to the love of God through ministry and service.